FINANCIAL ADVISORY SERVICES
Glendale Capital provides a variety of financial advisory services to our clients including:
Is it time to sell your business?
All entrepreneur-led organizations eventually need some type of exit plan. As it is often said, “Failing to plan is planning to fail.” And, failing to properly plan and then execute the ownership transition of your business is a mistake that business owners cannot afford to make.
Our principals work with clients to assess their current situation and help them analyze ownership transition options well in advance of a planned exit from the business. We work in concert with a client’s financial, legal and tax advisors to develop a strategy with respect to timing and process that will both maximize transaction value and meet other personal objectives of the owner.
Our work includes the following:
- Ascertaining the primary objectives of the business owner
- Understanding the market dynamics affecting your company and its industry in terms of growth, transactional activity, valuation multiples
- Determining your company’s current approximate market value given its historical and future business prospects
- Analyzing your company’s value drivers and develop strategies to eliminate risk and enhance enterprise value
- Developing an ongoing assessment mechanism
Financial Due Diligence
In addition to retained sell-side and buy-side engagements, Glendale Capital provides financial due diligence services in support of a client’s transactional activities. We serve as an extension of your team to help achieve successful outcomes.
- Perform a quality of earnings assessment by analyzing historical operating results, as well as the target’s ability to generate sustainable earnings
- Analyze working capital requirements
- Review quality of assets purchased and extent of liabilities to be assumed
- Evaluate strategic fit of the target
- Identify transitional issues and assist with post-transaction integration implementation
- Evaluate the seller’s historical financial statements to identify potential valuation issues
- Analyze projected financial statement assumptions to ensure reasonable, yet supportable, growth objectives
Obtaining a formal third-party valuation of your business can provide an honest assessment of a company’s value in the marketplace, beyond simple speculation.
Glendale Capital’s valuation process incorporates a number of methodologies that take into account a company’s historical financial results, projected future cash flows, as well as comparable company valuations and transactions in that particular industry. Such valuations can be used in connection with business acquisitions, divestures or shareholder buy/sell agreements.
Glendale Capital Partners offers a broad range of business consulting services to its entrepreneurial clients; services that go beyond sell- and buy-side advisory transactions.
For example, we can:
- Assist with the preparation of offering documents and related materials to support a financing proposal or equity offering
- Provide outsourced CFO services to bring additional financial oversight and management perspective to growing businesses
- Dan Kreher currently works with a $15 million revenue consumer products company as their ad-hoc CFO, working with the client to develop projections, manage cash flow, coordinate bank debt and covenants, and general financial management
- Develop operating budgets, financial projections and cash flow forecasts to better manage operations and establish performance objectives
- Many of our clients’ personnel resources are significantly stretched by the daily activities of running and growing a business. Glendale Capital can take on the tasks of establishing operating metrics reports and monitoring mechanisms, and provide the information management needs to make sound decisions
- Institute best-practices in operations and finance
- Leveraging his career as a long-time Anheuser-Busch wholesaler, Dan Pizzini offers a wealth of industry knowledge and experience for the benefit of our wholesale distribution clients. He can help your organization apply best practices in the areas of quality control, sales & marketing processes, information tracking systems, routing & delivery systems and leadership/management processes. This sort of insight is also of value to our clients engaged in the craft brewing, distilling and non-alcoholic beverage areas
- Determine your company’s value, useful when creating internal equity incentive programs for employees or shareholder buy-in programs